MR Sport is seeking an exceptional and motivated individual to take our events portfolio to the next stage, either as a full-time director or as a consultant.
For the right candidate, this will be a fun, challenging and rewarding position with opportunity to develop the role.
We will be offering a generous incentive package and are prepared to offer equity once agreed the fit is right.
About MR Sport
Founded in 2008 with a focus on sports advocacy, we are small, dynamic and growing team. Our events arm has developed consistently in that time and we have a series of well-established events. Our upcoming projects includes a series of high-profile events, including:
- Australian rules football (Sept 2019) with attached business conference (from 2020)
- Various rugby league events in London
- Golf-related charity events
Reporting to a highly supportive and motivated CEO, and with team assistance as needed, you will be responsible the events side of our business, including increasing financial performance to which the role will linked. You will be expected to shape the role to ensure greatest financial return for the business by devising and executing the overarching strategy and direction. To do this, you will:
- Manage individual event budgets, as well as division budget
- Maintain and grow existing events, our own and commissioned
- Source, win, and deliver new client events
- Devise and deliver new bespoke events, including themes and format and speakers
- Oversee event operations, including locations, staff and subcontractors
- Oversee sales and marketing strategies
- Manage relationships with existing partners
- Devise partnership opportunities, set and pricing, and secure partnerships/sponsorships
- Review past events for future improvements
- Oversee all event materials
- Shape and lead a successful sales team
- Promote the business
Personal Key Skills, Attributes and Abilities
You will have a strong track record of delivering commercial events and conferences. You will have significant support from the CEO but you will be expected to operate autonomously and remotely and hit the ground running as we have a major event that needs you. To be successful, you will:
- be proactive, tenacious and determined to succeed, with proven capabilities across multiple projects
- be a strategic thinker with the commercial acumen to exceed revenue targets anddeliver growth
- be an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and gravitas to engage senior audiences to instil confidence and credibility
- have excellent organisational skills with the ability to continually evaluate and prioritise multiple objectives, tasks, and your and others’ time
- be creative, adaptable, and effective under pressure you will be solutions-focused with the ability to pre-empt and diffused potentially difficult issues
- have outstanding attention to detail
- have proven success in shaping and leading teams
- have strong sales qualities
The following would have significant advantage:
- A passion and understanding for sport
- Knowledge of and access to the commercial sporting market in Australia
Travel and Time Commitment
We run a virtual office, so location is flexible. However, you will be expected to travel to and from London so this role would likely suit someone based in London or South East England. A laptop and phone can be provided but you may use your own should you wish (security and backup software will be provided).
This may be permanent full-time or part-time as a consultant (candidate dependent). Events will require you to work outside normal working hours. It will be part of your role to know and plan for this.
Send a CV and cover letter including potential start date, remuneration and career expectations, and whether you are seeking to work full or part time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews (phone or face-to-face) will take place as soon as possible.
Package: Competitive, based on experience. Basic + bonus. Equity potential.
Location: Flexible but some travel to London and elsewhere expected
Role: Flexible hours; full or part-time
Closing Date for Applications: 5thApril 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible