The Annual Charity Dinner for the UK Parliament’s All-Party Parliamentary Group for Golf takes place in November each year.
To contact the Group visit www.parliamentary.golf.
The dinner takes place in the House of Lords Terrace marquee and is attended by Peers and MPs, Group supporters, Stakeholders in the game (including Sky and BBC, the PGA, the R&A, England Golf), and non-Parliamentary Members of the Group.
As well as raising money for golf charities, awards are made on the night to the Parliamentary Golfer of the Year (the Member who has done the most for golf in the past year), and Members of Parliament nominate and vote on an individual who has done some outstanding work over a sustained period to support the game.
The dinner has a guest of honour from the sport, who speaks after dinner.
There is a standard arrangement to operate within Parliamentary rules and instruction:
- Recognition as supporter of the dinner.
- Associate Membership.
- An announcement on support, including a statement of thanks from Chairman and logo/link/details.
- Subsequent press release detailing monies raised for charity. Thanks will be provided from the Chairman or host Peer on the evening.
- A logo/link on all subsequent public emails for a calendar year
- A logo on the House of Lords invitation cards (which must be used by all guests), and details in accompanying letters.
- Places (up to 3 x tables of 10) including two on the top table depending on level. Note – the room holds a maximum of 132.
- Branding in both the terrace marque and Cholmondeley Room (anteroom where pre-meal drinks are served).
- Collateral on tables/chairs/take home on departure.
- Opportunity to address the room.
- Record details on the Group’s website as a supporter (logo/link on homepage; logo/link/details on the supporter page).
- Logos will be placed on all Group headed paper; used for all formal correspondence.
- Logos will be placed on all Group paper, used throughout the year for meetings.
- All photographs from the evening will be provided (restrictions on use apply).
Recognition of the relationship lasts for a calendar year and support is recorded on Group’s public register entry.